Frequently Asked Questions
Click on a question below to go directly to the answer.
- Must I attend the entire event?
- What does the retreat cost?
- Do you accept credit cards?
- What if I have to cancel?
- I want to stay elsewhere at Ojo Caliente and attend the workshops and other events. Would my registration fee be less?
- Are children allowed at the event?
- Are trades a part of the retreat?
- I’m not a vegetarian; will I starve?
- Besides soaking, what else can I do at Ojo Caliente?
- What should I bring?
1. Must I attend the entire event?
Yes. This is a fairly short event, and the workshops build on each other. We request that you arrive no later than Friday (time to be announced), and leave no earlier than Sunday afternoon. Want to arrive earlier or stay later? No problem! Click here for more information.
2. What does the retreat cost?
The registration fee is $972 if received by March 1, 2019, or $1,044 if received from March 2, 2019, onward. This includes lodging and meals from Friday through Sunday. Unlimited soaking in the mineral pools, steamroom, and sauna is also included.
3. Do you accept credit cards?
Yes. We prefer that you use PayPal to pay us (you need not have your own account, just a credit card). If you prefer, you may send a check. Registration details will be available soon.
4. What if I have to cancel?
Please see our policies and waivers page.
5. I want to stay elsewhere at Ojo Caliente and attend the workshops and other events. Would my registration fee be less?
No. The registration fee includes a double-occupancy room in one of two lovely houses at Ojo Caliente. If you choose to stay elsewhere, the registration fee is still the same.
We strongly encourage you to stay in the Art Gypsies houses. It will foster camaraderie and you will be “in the know.”
If you are not coming with a friend, we will endeavor to find you a roommate who’s a good match for your personality and habits.
6. Are children allowed at the event?
No. Only those 18 or older can attend at the full registration price.
7. Are trades a part of the retreat?
Yes! Absolutely. Trades and swaps are an important part of making new friends and sharing your art. The sky’s the limit in deciding what to bring. Plan on a maximum of 15 trades. Want some ideas? Click here.
8. I’m not a vegetarian; will I starve?
On the contrary! We’ll have delicious, nutritious, filling meals and snacks, and lots of beverages. There is also a restaurant at the resort.
9. Besides soaking, what else can I do at Ojo Caliente?
You can get: a massage, a scrub, a body wrap, hand therapy, foot therapy, hair therapy, a facial; or use the steamroom or sauna. Click here for more information.
Before or after the retreat, yoga is offered at a small additional fee:
There’s also birding.
You may wish to extend your stay to visit the world-renowned Town of Taos.
Or perhaps you’d like to spend some time in Santa Fe.
If you have questions about the area, please don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com.
10. What should I bring?
The wonderful thing about the Art Gypsies’ retreats is that you need bring NO art supplies or tools—unless you want to! Some things you will want to bring include:
- Comfortable clothes that you don’t mind getting paint or glue on.
- Trades/swaps (see more info above)
- Swimsuit—more than one, preferably
- A coverup for your swimsuit.
- Jacket, because springtime evenings can be cool in New Mexico