Frequently Asked Questions
Click on a question below to go directly to the answer.
- Must I attend the entire event?
- What does the retreat cost?
- Do you accept credit cards?
- What if I have to cancel?
- I want to stay elsewhere and attend the workshops and other events. Would my registration fee be less?
- Are children allowed at the event?
- Are trades a part of the retreat?
- I’m not a vegetarian; will I starve?
- What should I bring?
1. Must I attend the entire event?
Yes. We request that you arrive no later than Thursday afternoon, and leave no earlier than Sunday afternoon (although you are welcome to stay through Monday morning).
2. What does the retreat cost?
This all-inclusive art retreat costs $972 (if received on or before April 1, 2020) or $1,044 (if received April 2, 2020, or after). Registration closes on June 1, 2020. You can pay by check or credit card (via PayPal).
The registration form will be online soon. If you haven’t already done so, be sure to sign up here to receive all the latest news.
3. Do you accept credit cards?
Yes. You may use PayPal to pay your registration fee(you need not have your own account, just a credit card). If you prefer, you may send a check. New this year: A non-refundable $99 holds your spot, and we’ll invoice you for one-third of the balance in early 2020.
4. What if I have to cancel?
Please see our policies and waivers page.
5. I want to stay elsewhere and attend the workshops and other events. Would my registration fee be less?
No. The registration fee includes a double-occupancy room at Leaping Deer Ranch. If you choose to stay elsewhere, the registration fee is still the same.
We strongly encourage you to stay in the Art Gypsies house. It will foster camaraderie and you will be “in the know.”
If you are not coming with a friend, we will endeavor to find you a roommate who’s a good match for your personality and habits. A very limited number of single rooms are available for a $200 surcharge.
6. Are children allowed at the event?
No. Only those 18 or older can attend at the full registration price.
7. Are trades a part of the retreat?
Yes! Absolutely. Trades and swaps are an important part of making new friends and sharing your art. The sky’s the limit in deciding what to bring. Plan on 15 trades. Want some ideas? Click here.
8. I’m not a vegetarian; will I starve?
On the contrary! We’ll have delicious, nutritious, filling meals and snacks, prepared by a professional chef, and lots of beverages.
9. What should I bring?
The wonderful thing about the Art Gypsies’ retreats is that you need bring NO art supplies or tools—unless you want to! Some things you will want to bring include:
- Comfortable clothes that you don’t mind getting paint or glue on.
- Trades/swaps (see more info above)
- Swimsuit (there’s a hot tub) and a coverup
- Jacket, because late-Spring evenings can be cool in New Mexico